ANGLIA COASTAL MARQUEES
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Hire charges are submitted on the understanding that the site intended to be used is flat level firm ground with easy access for transport and it contains no hidden cables, pipes, gas mains, drains or apparatus of similar nature that could be damaged whilst erecting equipment. In the event of damage being caused to the ground, equipment or services as aforesaid the Hirer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss occasioned.
- The Hire Charges do not include the planning and setting up of the table and chair layout. It is also required that the chair covers are stored in a dry environment and not put on the chairs until the day of the event and subsequently removed after the event. For hired Table-linen see Clause 2 supplement
- The company accepts no responsibility for any damage however caused as the result of the Hirer or other person moving the constructed equipment, and shall indemnify the Company against any damage or loss occasioned thereby.
- INSURANCE – Public Liability is covered by ACM for incidents arising out of the supply of equipment and the construction or dismantling of the marquee only whilst on the Hirer’s premises. Not the event its self. All equipment supplied by ACM is insured against theft and storm damage whilst on the Hirers premises but is not covered for malicious damage, for which the hirer will be charged.
- All marquees and equipment must be returned as received, fair wear and tear accepted.
- It must be understood that a Marquee is only intended as a temporary construction and to a certain degree will not safeguard fully against weather conditions. Therefore our Company accepts no claims liable to arise from this clause. Also see over, Clause 6 Supplement.
- TERMS OF SETTLEMENT – A Hiring will be confirmed in writing by the Company on receipt of a minimum deposit of 25% of the total value of the booking or the full order value if under £500. The balance of the confirmed price must be settled 10 days prior to erection of Marquees and or supply of Ancillary Equipment
- Deposits are paid to cover administration costs and holding charges. In the event of cancellation of a confirmed order more than 270 days from the date of the function a minimum £500.00 charge will be levied.
- At the Company’s discretion, all confirmed orders cancelled within 91 to 270 days of the function will be charged at 25%, orders cancelled within 61 to 90 days 50% will be charged, cancellations within 31 to 60 days of the function, payment of the full, confirmed price, will become due. For postponements, see Clause 9 Supplement.
- The Company reserves the right to vary the size of an ordered marquee, providing it is not detrimental to the customer or materially effect the event, or seating capacity.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for, inaccuracies or misunderstanding arising through orders, instructions or information given to them by telephone or verbally to servants OTHER THAN THROUGH THEIR OFFICE AND CONFIRMED IN WRITING.
- If an order is placed for equipment and the Company discovers when arriving on site that the equipment cannot be installed due to incorrect information, then the Company accepts no responsibility for inconvenience or, loss of revenue.
- Any planning requirements or Rights of Way required before the installation of the Company’s equipment shall be obtained by the Hirer. In the event such permissions are not granted, the Companys payment terms will be observed by the Hirer
- Written quotations or the published price list may be amended by the Company according to circumstances arising before a deposit has been received or after discovery of obstacles on the site previously undisclosed by the Hirer.
- FORCE MAJEURE – Whilst every effort is made by the Company to fulfil any order the Company accepts no responsibility for labour disputes, damage by a previous Hirer or any other circumstances outside the control of the Company which delays or prevents the Company from carrying out any of the agreement with the Hirer. This includes, but is not limited to, Act of God, Pandemic, War, Strikes, Riots or government enforced restrictions.
Clause 2 Supplement – TABLE LINEN
Linen can be damaged very quickly, if a spillage occurs please soak the soiled item until clean, then most importantly DRY. If the linen is packed away wet, it can be attacked by mildew, rendering the cloth unusable. If this happens the damaged cloth will be charged at the full replacement cost. Always place the linen back in the cloth bags supplied as plastic bags are a catalyst for mildew. Also please ensure that cigarettes and other flammable items are not placed upon cloths as burnt cloths are deemed to be destroyed and a full replacement will be charged. Please note that the dye from streamers/part poppers often does not come out with laundering. If this is the case, you will be charged for a replacement.
Drawing pins and staples destroy the fibres, therefore please refrain from doing so. A charge of £3.00 each for cloth will be levied for cloths being returned to us full of table confetti/decorations.
Clause 6 Supplement – CONDITIONS OF HIRE DURING EXCEPTIONAL WEATHER CONDITIONS
Functions can and do take place in extreme weather conditions, but co-operation and a common sense approach must be taken.
Very Heavy Rain
Flooding can of course affect your event, insurance should be taken out in case of cancellation of the event. If of course the site is already flooded before we erect the structure, then we reserve the right to refuse to erect if in our considered opinion it would be unsafe and/or cause damage to our equipment.
Very Windy Conditions
All structures have a manufacturers wind speed recommendation and if the Met Office predicts wind speeds in excess of these recommendations then we reserve the right to refuse to erect the structure or in the case of a structure already erected reserve the right to remove the structure if safe to do so.
However many conditions have to be taken into account e.g. wind direction, positioning of structure, wind tunnelling created by buildings or trees etc.
Marquees have a manufacturer’s recommended snow loading, but it is not acceptable to ascertain the loading by measurement as the density varies. Therefore if snow is predicted, the marquees must be heated and the temperature maintained at a minimum of 12 degrees C while the risk remains. Any costs incurred are the responsibility of the hirer.
The cost of any damage incurred through not complying with this condition, the hirer will be held liable.
Terms and Conditions
No liability for damage to persons or property due to adverse weather conditions where the company has erected the marquee correctly and the customer is in possession of this information can or will be accepted by the company.
No claim against the company can be made for cancellation of an event where we have refused to erect or have stopped an event if in our opinion it would be detrimental and unsafe to property or persons.
Should an event go ahead against our advice, the liability lies solely with the hirer.
Clause 9 Supplement – POSTPONEMENTS
Any client wishing to postpone an event, but not cancel entirely, will be able to do so at no extra cost providing that a new date is confirmed with the Company within 9 months of the original confirmed event date. New dates are issued on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. The Company reserves the right to appoint dates which fall outside of the ‘high’ season. Any client wishing to postpone their event further than 9 months in advance will incur additional charges.